23rd May 2018
Welcome to thechildrensshoecompany.co.uk (the "Site"), a website operated in the United Kingdom by The Children’s Shoe Company Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 08125266, VAT number 140250759 and whose registered office is located at 14 Oxford Road, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 2NL United Kingdom (referred to as “The Children’s Shoe Company”, "we", "us" or "our").
- The processing of your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and
- The potential transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16 you may look at our Site but you may not make a purchase, register or submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 16 on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
For the purposes of applicable laws, the data controller is The Children’s Shoe Company Limited.
This Privacy Notice does not cover information that you submit on other websites, even if we communicate with you on those websites. For example, if you post something on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube, that information is governed by the privacy policies on those websites and is not governed by this Privacy Notice.
1. Information we collect from you
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail, or in person at our store in Marlow. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site (which you must do if you would like to use our services), subscribe to our services, or place an order on our Site. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and debit or credit card information (if you wish to place an order on our Site).You may also submit enquiries, feedback, suggestions, ideas or other information. When you register with us you can view your personal information in 'My Account'. You can access 'My Account' directly to amend any personal details, for example if you change your address. If you forget your password, simply click on the 'forgotten password' link on the register or login page and an e-mail containing your decrypted password will be sent to the e-mail address that you originally provided.
2. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any telephone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites.We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
5. Use made of the information. We use information held about you in the following ways:
5.1 Information you give to us. We will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Site and performance of contract with you: The information you give to us is necessary to enable us to (i) fulfil your order (including acknowledging your order and communicating with you if there is any issue regarding the fulfilment of your order); (ii) to make sure your order is delivered correctly; (iii) to maintain your account; (iv) accounting, billing, reporting and audit;(v) credit checking or screening (vi)authentication and identity checks (vii) credit, debit or other payment card verification and screening; (viii)debt collection; (ix)safety, security, health, training, legal and administrative purposes;
- Providing customer service in pursuit of our legitimate interest as a retailer: We ask for your contact details such as your e-mail address and telephone number and order details to enable us to answer any questions you have about using our Site; notify you about the status of your order, and other customer care services such as identifying your requirements and shopping preferences. We may use your data for statistical and market analysis; studies, research and development by us.
- Direct Marketing: In order to improve your shopping experience with us we want to keep you up-to-date on our latest products, promotional offers and events. We will only contact you with marketing materials if you have consented to this, and only via electronic means
- Opt-out of Direct Marketing : You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications (i) by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us. If you have registered with us, you may also opt out of receiving marketing e-mails by logging into your account and amending your preferences.Our service: To notify you about changes to our service.
- Our Service: To notify you about changes to our service
- Our Site: To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, so that we can enhance your experience of using our Site
5.2 Information we collect about you. We will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Site: To administer our Site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We may collect information from visitors to our site and analyse it to build up a picture of how people use our website. This helps us to improve the service we offer you
- Site improvement: To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Providing customer service in pursuit of our legitimate interest as a retailer: The information we collect from you will (i) allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; (ii) allow us to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and (iii) allow us to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may be of interest to you or them.
- Security of our Site: As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure
5.3 Information we receive from other sources. We may combine the information we collect from you and the information you provide to us with information we receive from other sources. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
6. Disclosure of your information
6.1 From time to time we retain services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of our Site. These companies and individuals are data processors. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. in order to process your order and maintain your account, including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data.). These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfil their function but may not use such information for any other purpose.